Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a Small World After All

This is effin' unbelievable.


Flashback to last term:

It was a rainy Monday night, and I had to rare opportunity of having dinner with R (one of my guy pal classmates in gradschool) at KFC.

R: I don't understand. No offense, but of all the guys out there, why ATF?
Me: Beats me as well. 
R: You know I have an older brother, he's like six-feet tall, a killer IQ... he even went to Stanford.
Me: Whoa! (to myself: hmmm... probably he could hook us up)
R: But he sucks with the chicks. He even runs to me for advice.
Me (to myself): Oh shit. I've had enough from inexperienced geeks. 

This morning, I accepted R's facebook friend request, and noticed that I had another new friend request from the X (now I write it with an X cause he is one of them "lapse in judgements" if you know what I mean...). I paused for a moment. Wait... I just noticed... that... they... have... the... same... last...name... oh no... this is isn't good... I opened a new tab and decided to visit my dormant friendster account. I hurriedly browsed through my friends, clicked on the page I was looking for... went through his picture albums... and BAM! OMFG. THEY'RE BROTHERS!

Fudge. Fudge. Fudge. I wish X would keep his mouth barred shut. This was the X who called all my girlfriends the night I broke up with him, crying his head off, begging each and everyone of them to convince me to stay. I tried my very best to forget this awful awful mistake, and now it hits me hard on the face. Great. It's a small world after all. 

6 mouth offs:

Debbie said...

What an unbelievable coincidence. I am always surprised at just what a small world it is. Well, at least R knew his brother was bad with women.

The Hnou Mrs. said...

Ohhhh girly.

They should make a movie of your life! :P

!llegally blonde said...

Debbie: Sometimes the world turns out to be a little too small for comfort.

Sassy: Haha! A number of my friends have been telling me that - although I think a movie won't be enough - it's going to be waaay longer than Titanic or Lord of the Rings... perhaps a soap wouldn't be so bad. hahaha

Anonymous said...

small world + spineless worms in men suits = difficult life for fun girls like us!!

SexAndTwoSingleGirls said...

Oh. my. god. Effing unbelievably small world indeed.
--E

http://sexandtwosinglegirls.blogspot.com

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm sorry to hear that. So dramatic!